DUNE MUD WIKI
Dune Mud is a classic LP MUD based in Frank Herbert's DUNE Universe. Since 1992 Dune has been the LP MUD of choice for several generations of DUNErs. Create a character in one of ten guilds and explore the 30,000+ game rooms. Enjoy opt-in PK and numerous in-game quests.
Friendly players! Social atmosphere! Passionate playerbase! Active wizard staff!
Learn more about Dune.
You may connect to Dune now, using telnet - dunemud.com, port 6789 - or FMud Flash mud client.
If you don't have a MUD client or aren't familiar with Telnet, we recommend using the online Flash-based FMud client
It couldn't be easier to start playing Dune immediately. This browser based MUD client offers some of the features found in more traditional desktop MUD clients but is able to run from within your browser. Go ahead and jump right in!
If you have any suggestions or comments related to the wiki, please let us know. Try to sign your suggestions so we know who to talk to for more information. In the edit pane the furthest icon to the right will insert your signature into the edit.
Remember! Anyone can make an account and submit edits! If you spot any errors or inaccuracies feel free to correct them. You must register an account to interact with the wiki. If you do not receive your password by e-mail after registering, consult a wizard (game administrator) in-game. Learn more about the wiki site.
You might also want to check out our Feed.
If you haven't already, please also consider Voting for Dune on TopMudSites. Promoting Dune is beneficial to everyone.
Also take a second to Vote for Dune on the Mud Connector. It requires a simple registration, but is totally free.
- We were all newbies at one point! Get a head start on your MUDing career in this section.
- Learn about the wide array of guild choices available to you.
The Dune Universe
- A section detailing Frank Herbert's Dune Universe. Here you will find terminology, thematic information, and information about the books and movies that inspired the MUD
- Learn about the current and past Dune MUD
staff. Information about becoming a contributor to Dune MUD
will be detailed here.
- Learn about the rich cast of characters
we can't get rid of
that frequent the MUD
- Learn about all the different areas you can play on Dune. We're a huge world, don't spend all of your time on Giedi Prime!
- A good way to earn money and experience by methods other than violence.
- Mudding is tough work when you're playing on telnet. Download a client and see the difference it makes!
- New to coding? Experienced coder, but never worked with LPC
before? Here are some examples to get you started.
- See some intense Player vs. Player action
- Some of the funniest stuff caught on 'chat'…
- A section for debating large-scale game changes/issues.